This is an excellent opportunity to join our Grounds Team who play a vital role in ensuring the Tiffin School Sports ground is of highest standard.
You will be required to carry out general repair and maintenance to a high standard, help maintain the rugby pitches, cricket wickets and associated areas, be reliable, conscientious and have the ability and willingness to be flexible on working hours according to need and conditions.
You must have practical skills, a willingness to work outdoors in all weathers and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the job. Previous experience is preferable but not essential.
The post holder is expected to stand in for the Head Groundsman when he is not present. Professional training opportunities will be made available to the successful candidate.
Please access our website for more information on the vacancy including job description, person specification and an application form – www.tiffinschool.co.uk
Please e-mail your application to Alex Di-Luzio at: ADiLuzio@tiffin.kingston.sch.uk by noon on 7th August 2020.
Head Groundsperson – Football - France
Natural Grass (NG) is one of the world’s leading and most innovative companies in the field of reinforced natural surfaces.
We have built a predominant position in France on the market of top level football pitches (70% of French L1 clubs) and we are re-iterating on the rugby market (Racing 92, French Rugby Federation..). Worldwide clubs and sports venues managers now trust us to install, build, renovate and maintain their main working tool.
Striving for excellence down to the smallest detail, innovating for future challenges and putting people at the core of every project. See how we keep fuelling the development of the company with a strong R&D team to follow our clients’ needs and strengthen our innovative approach : https://youtu.be/y9oDcQa3Xoo
Joining Natural Grass is the opportunity to contribute to improving sports pitches expertise with a young and ambitious team.
Natural Grass is looking for a Head Groundsman for a Ligue 1 football club in France.
The successful candidate will have to manage the maintenance of 10 pitches (a stadium and a training site) up the highest quality standards.
The club has a long history and plans infrastructure evolutions on both its premises.
The Head Groundsman will be responsible for:
- managing a top-quality maintenance service on all pitches. (2 synthetic pitches and 8 natural/hybrid pitches). Customer will pay specific attention to the various level of quality expected.
- Planification of maintenance tasks: scoping specific operations, planning, ordering, coordinating teams or deliver personally
- preparing pitches for specific events or games
- following club and regulatory expectations or framework
- contributing to Natural Grass R&D and know-how programs. Candidate will also benefit from knowledge sharing across Natural Grass teams
- following pitches performance and adjusting maintenance operations
- liaising with client demands
The post holder will be flexible and prepared to work when needed in the first-class training ground or in the stadium according to the events/games schedule.
Natural Grass values are focused on rigor, expectations, passion, ethics, daring, teamplay,
We expect from the post holder :
- Track record of grounds management with various construction type (synthetic, natural, hybrid..)
- Proven skills regarding automatic irrigation, heating systems, artificial lighting. Ability to operate all maintenance machines
- Team management experience
- Good communication and interpersonal
- Commitment to delivering very high standards of service
- Strong organisational skills
- Team player, willing to train less experienced teammates
- Keen on maintaining and developing technical skills through industry meetings, trainings, discussions within NG professional network
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to represent the company or the club in a fitting manner.
Remuneration package will depend upon experience and skills.
Recruitment: Short text and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org