Our job listings page is our third most visited page, if you would like your listing to appear here. Email email@example.com
We reserve the right to refuse to list any job listing below, that we think is not fair and reflective of industry benchmarks
Are you an awesome Grounds Person, Greenkeeper, or Turfie looking for a new chapter? The Q.E. Grounds Team is expanding and waiting for you.
We primarily work as a team to provide high quality playing surfaces for our pupils across all age groups. However, we also prepare pitches for Premier League football clubs, their academies and more. We’re also going to be providing professional grounds care for a world-leading Rugby league team as QE becomes an official training venue for the Rugby League World Cup 2022.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? Then here’s why you should come work with us.
- Working hours and rotas to promote a healthy work/life balance
- Excellent rural location between York and Harrogate but next to the A1
- Modern welfare facilities to enjoy your tea breaks with free tea and coffee provided
- Use of a staff only gym. Available all day from early morning into the evening
- 33 days holiday (Bank Holidays inclusive)
- Long term service awards bringing you additional benefits. E.g., Additional holiday entitlement
- Free secure onsite parking
- Job specific training
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24 hours a day
- Staff social events throughout the year including our infamous Christmas Ball, Estate Christmas Lunch and Family Summer Fun Day
- Significant discount on school fees from Kindergarten to Year 6 for your children
- Discount on King’s Theatre productions – external events
- Eligible staff are enrolled in the Workplace Pension Scheme
- Free flu jabs offered through our medical centre
- Refer a friend scheme
- The Legendary Groundo’s Breakfast
What do we need from you?
- A conscientious and safe approach to all your work for the awareness and safeguarding of you, your colleagues and everyone within the school environment
- Creative thinking and the ability to work intelligently to provide high quality playing surfaces for our school pupils and external bookings
A keen eye for detail to maintain a variety of certified surfaces and systems that include but not limited to:
- Natural grass surfaces predominantly for football, rugby, and cricket
- Modern grounds care machinery
- 3G for both football and rugby
- Synthetic sand and water-based hockey surfaces
- Multi use games areas
- Fully automated Rainbird Irrigation system
- Phillips L.E.D. pitch lighting system
- An entry level turf industry qualification is required. Your previous experience in the turf industry, either summer or winter sports at any level will be of great benefit. PA1, PA6 & PA2 Safe Use of Pesticides qualifications would be advantageous but not essential. Don’t worry if you’re time served or you’re a volunteer. Just provide evidence of your excellent work history
- Good communication skills are essential when it comes to working with your team members, teachers, and coaches.
- Your flexible approach to working hours and tasks with a can-do attitude is what makes you and the team awesome!
- To continually strive for more, for yourself, the team, and the school
This is a full time and permanent position, working any five days over seven on a planned rota. You’ll know your days and weekends off in advance to make time with your friends and family. Working hours to promote a healthy work/life balance. In part due to a Grounds Team that is supportive and considerate of each other’s needs. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. With a salary bracket of £23,686 to £25,000. A current CV is required.
Apply by email with a covering letter and your C.V. to Ben Grigor, Grounds Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you just want to know a little bit more before applying. Send your preferred contact details to email@example.com and request a call back referencing this vacancy.
Q.E. is committed to ensuring a safe environment for its pupils and staff. Applicants will be required to provide proof of identity and undergo the relevant DBS checks for their role. Any personal information you share with us on your application form will be used solely for recruitment purposes. Your details will be held for up to 6 months and destroyed after this time.
Thorpe Underwood Estate, Thorpe Underwood, York, YO26 9SS
The post holder will report to the Grounds Manager
The Employee will be responsible for all work needed to maintain the Schools’ grounds, gardens and other facilities and to assist in preparation and maintenance of the Schools’ playing fields as directed by the Grounds Manager.
2.1 To maintain the sports pitches and other facilities at the School’s playing fields, Bradstone Brook.
2.2 This includes the treatment and preparation of the grounds as well as the seasonable change around and preparation of pitches for Rugby, Football and Cricket.
2.2 To tend, plant and cultivate the gardens at RGS and RGS Prep schools.
2.3 As part of the grounds team to undertake the care and maintenance of the grounds and facilities at RGS and RGS Prep in conjunction with the maintenance team.
2.4 To assist in the maintenance of grounds machinery to ensure that it is kept in good working order and complies with Health and Safety law.
2.5 To liaise with and supervise all grounds related external contractors as directed by the Grounds Manager.
Knowledge Skills and experience
3.1 It is essential that the post holder enjoys working outdoors and has experience of gardening. Ideally the post holder will have experience of the maintenance of sports grounds or gardens.
3.2 To have experience of the maintenance of grounds equipment.
3.3 To be a highly enthusiastic individual and to have the ability to prioritise their workload and work in an organised manner without close supervision.
3.4 To be able to use Microsoft outlook.
3.5 To have GCSE English or equivalent.
3.6 To have experience of working within a successful team.
3.7 To be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
3.8 To have a good level of verbal communication in order to deal with a wide variety of people.
3.9 To have a flexible approach to the tasks within their role.
3.10 It is desirable that the post holder has certificates in First Aid at Work and Pesticide Spraying.
3.11 It is desirable that the post holder has further qualifications relating to grounds work.
4.1 The post holder will be expected to undertake a Disclosure and Barring check from Disclosure and Barring service amongst other safeguarding checks as stipulated by the Department of Education. In addition, safeguarding children in education training must be undertaken.
4.2 The post holder will need to have a full clean driving licence and be willing to drive for work purposes.
4.3 The post holder will be required to undertake some weekend and out of hours working for which overtime will be paid.
4.4 This role is based at Bradstone Brook Playing Fields in Shalford and will involve regular travel to the Royal Grammar and RGS Prep Schools for which a vehicle will be provided.
Are you an experienced groundsperson/greenkeeper who has maintained sports surfaces to a high level? Do you have attention to detail and a thirst to develop their skills and work on a diversity of surface types?
We have a unique opportunity to join our research team as a Qualified Groundsperson. The successful candidate will work as part of STRI’s Grounds and Facilities team here at STRI’s global HQ in Bingley, West Yorkshire.
STRI Group is the world’s leading sport surface research, consultants and solutions provider. We produce world-class surfaces where athletes, of all abilities, can perform to their very best.
Our research team works with a wide range of clients running trials ranging from grass cultivar, turf product and machinery testing through to integrated pest management trials and evaluation of novel sports surface construction methods.
The role will include:
- Carry out area preparation, grass establishment and turf maintenance in accordance with trial requirements.
- Maintenance of turf areas, either under trial management protocol or as part of routine maintenance.
- Liaise with individual project staff on turf maintenance requirements and scheduling for specific research trials.
- Monitor areas and through the Grounds and Facilities Manager and Deputy, develop plans for routine maintenance, renovation, construction and strategic improvements.
- Responsibility for keeping records of health and safety requirements through PUWER, risk assessments and maintenance of equipment and infrastructure systems.
- Assist with training and development of trainee Grounds and Facilities team members.
- Carry out, under the supervision of the Grounds and Facilities Manager, works associated with upkeep of non-turf areas and buildings.
A successful candidate must have:
- Qualified to NVQ level 2 in sports turf maintenance or equivalent qualification.
- PA1, 2a and PA6 spraying certification are advantageous.
- Proven experience of maintaining high level sport surfaces.
- Attention to detail and flexible in how to tackle challenges.
- A desire for self-improvement and able to take responsibility for task allocated to them and the team they work within.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to lead a team and to produce high level standards of sports turf.
- Ability to guide trainees and assist with training of staff. Support staff carrying out qualification training.
- Full UK driving licence.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and covering email/letter detailing why you are interested in the role and what you can bring to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 18th February 2022. Interviews will take place on during the week commencing 21st February, format and location to be confirmed based on COVID-19 restrictions. You maybe asked to prepare a presentation or similar of your work to demonstrate your skills and experience.
If you would like an informal discussion regarding this role please contact Ian Anderson, STRI’s Grounds and Facilities Manager on 01274 565131
Skilled Sports Turf Machinery Operator
Skilled Sports Turf Machinery Operator
Could you see yourself as one of the operators in our photos?
Different machines : different venues : different challenges
Ecosol Turfcare has an interesting job operating sportsturf-related machinery at various sports venues around the country and sometimes Europe. You will transport and operate our specialist DrillnFill aerators, tractors, drills, mowers and other equipment at clients’ sports clubs all over the country and sometimes in Europe. Other tasks may include site preparation, fencing, landscaping, white lining and performing workshop duties at our premises.
We seek a practical, agriculturally-minded person to join our small, friendly team. You must be conscientious, self-motivated, good with people and able to use your initiative. Work is varied and customers’ sports clubs are mainly golf, rugby, football and cricket. Towing licence essential. Mechanical skills for minor repairs and vehicle/machinery maintenance would be useful; agricultural experience; current passport and Class C1 on driving licence for 7.5 tonne vehicles an advantage.
All other training will be given. Relaxed atmosphere, pleasant rural location, paid overtime. Competitive salary for the right person. We are based near Swindon, Malmesbury and Cirencester and there are plenty of opportunities for partners, children, sport and social life. You will need to live within 20 miles of our base at Minety SN16 9RJ
Start as soon as possible.
Send your CV to Ecosolve Ltd by email to email@example.com and don’t hesitate to call us for more information on 01666 861250
Job Title: Groundsperson, St Cross Symondians Cricket Club (STCCC) – Winchester
Reports to: The Cricket Committee, STCCC
Start Date: February 1st 2022
Salary: TBD based on experience
STCCC are seeking a Head Groundsperson to manage the grounds at St Cross. The applicant should be passionate and fully committed to delivering the highest standards of ground maintenance for Southern Premier League games at the club, as well as ensuring the long term preservation of the clubs grounds and facilities.
Candidates will need a proven track record in cricket wicket preparation and ground management while respecting the work needed in the off season.
– Possess a passion and pride for preparing cricket pitches
– Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude and appearance
– Understand the seasonal nature of the role and the need for flexibility with regards to working hours, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
– Ability to work under pressure, and to work alone when required
Responsibilities, expectations and Duties:
– Manage a busy list of senior men/women’s club fixtures along with a full programme of junior games and practice, as well as any other representative games that are played at the club
– Maintaining and preparing of practice areas both on the square and in the net area with strong experience in cutting, rolling, mowing and scarifying
– Produce practice pitches on the main square for Club senior training when required
– Prepare and maintain wickets on both St X grounds for all matches
– Prepare land, apply fertilisers and chemicals, irrigation and drainage, rolling and mowing, and weed control
– Use the pitches protective covers/sheets as required for all pitch preparation
– Off season work will include derigging of covers and sightscreens as well as monitoring turf to correct winter grass height, check for disease and debris on the surfaces. This will need regular inspections and any required action, as well as general site tidying
– Operate light and heavy equipment for wicket and square maintenance, including but not limited to mowers, tractors, sprinklers and other club machinery and assets
– Ensure the safe use and storage of all club machinery
– Liaising with contractors in ordering and monitoring of consumable items and spares and make arrangements for their replenishment. Order and purchase of all stores and materials within the club’s allocated budget
– An awareness of Health & Safety regulations when working with chemicals and any potential dangerous substances
– Check sewage levels and arrange for tanks/pits to be emptied
– Promote with good example, safe working practices when working with any additional staff, club helpers and volunteers
– Be available for SPL (Southern Premier League) and HCL (Hampshire Cricket League) match day preparation on Saturdays
– Provide constructive and healthy communication to STC Cricket Committee and team captains and representatives
– Be a key contact for local authorities, police and St X church if required
– Be a key contact on match days for both club games and other representative games played at St X
– Liaise when required with umpires, captains and scorers for all fixtures
– Deal with members of the public in a professional manner when representing STCCC
31st March 2021
How to Apply:
Email your CV/application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
STCCC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.