Our job listings page is our third most visited page, if you would like your listing to appear here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at LawnsOne, our mission is simple. It’s to be the best. That means remaining the most highly rated independent lawn care experts in our region and supporting our local community in the process.
If you’re looking to join a team where you’re valued, where you’re afforded the chance to develop your skills and where you’ve the freedom to make a difference, then we want to hear from you.
- Responsibility for your own and others health & safety, in-line with the LawnsOne Health and Safety Policy Statement.
- Servicing of customers lawns on a daily route including application of fertilisers, herbicides, and other professional products.
- Carrying out mechanical lawn operations in a clean, timely and professional manner, including loading and unloading materials and equipment.
- All lawn related customer communication via telephone, email and face-to-face, including undertaking service visits to address customers concerns.
- Accurately measuring lawns and providing lawn analysis with recommendations for a suitable program of care.
- Undertaking administration relating to your customers and maintaining regular communication with the office.
- Delivering marketing backed sales and upselling, where appropriate, to increase customer numbers and revenue.
- Carrying out regular, routine maintenance checks on all equipment, ensuring it is fit for purpose, legal and safe. Keeping vans, machines, and other company property clean and in good working order.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry standards, trends, and legal requirements and having a flexible approach to adopting these.
- Having a positive, open attitude to receiving training to enhance your skills both personally and for the enhancement of the company.
- Daily planning and preparing for the next working day, including loading and fuelling machinery and van.
Skills & Abilities Required For The Role
- Possession of a full driving license and having an excellent driving record.
- Ability to complete appropriate reports and paperwork.
- Ability to follow directions, processes and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- Punctuality and the ability to manage time effectively.
- Strong communication skills to deliver professional customer service.
- Flexibility to work to a varied schedule no matter the weather.
- Ability to lift 25kgs consistently.
- Ability to stoop, stand and bend for 8+ hours per day.
- Strong organisational skills
- Highly motivated and fast learner with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Knowledge of lawn/turf care
- PA1/PA6 Certification
Integrity, Community & Ambition
LawnsOne Limited is operating with Covid: Safe at Work Guidelines and a Covid Risk Assessment in Place.
How To Apply
Please submit your application via; https://hr.breathehr.com/recruitment/vacancies/15608?identifier=lawnsone
No recruiters please.
Expected start date: 03/05/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Additional leave
- Company car
- Company pension
- Free or subsidised travel
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
LawnsOne Limited is operating with Covid: Safe at Work Guidelines and a Covid Risk Assessment in Place.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
SKILLED MACHINERY OPERATOR
Operator required for a small sports turf maintenance/renovation company based in N. Wilts but operating around the country and in Europe when allowed. You will transport and drive our specialist aerators, drills, trenchers and other kit to clients’ venues across most sporting disciplines and take part in a variety of projects from compaction relief and drainage to seeding and white lining. Driving licence with trailer test (B +E) essential and you will need to live within 20 miles of SN16 9RJ. Competitive salary and paid overtime.
Interested? Email your cv to email@example.com or telephone 01666 861250 for more information.
Chairman / Board of Directors / First Team Management
Assistant Grounds person
Apprentice Grounds person
Herne Bay FC
Hours and Salary dependant on club schedule and experience
The Head Groundsman will be responsible for the creation, implementation and ongoing management of the “Herne Bay FC Pitch Maintenance and Improvement” Programmes. Managing a team of staff to deliver the highest quality playing surface and create a flexible work schedule for their team around the clubs schedule.
The roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
– Presentation of Stadium Pitch to the highest standard for matches.
– Managing and upskilling staff to ensure that they can carry out their duties in an efficient manner and to a high standard.
– Providing support and training to apprentices and under skilled staff.
– Be a subject matter expert in regards to the pitch
– Monitor pitches daily, record all appropriate information and act promptly to resolve issues including divoting or worsened areas.
– Carrying out general grounds duties such as cutting the grass, watering the pitch, marking the pitch and match preperations.
– Creation of work and fertiliser programmes to ensure the pitches are maintained to the highest possible standard.
– Establishing and managing budgets for all aspects of work undertaken and ensuring that those budgets are adhered to.
– Liaising with suppliers to order products and services where required.
– Ensure machinery is maintained and serviced to an acceptable standard.
– Presenting and managing an end of season/closed season pitch renovation programme ensuring the required work is carried out by suppliers
– Liaising with the First Team Manager on a daily basis to ensure Stadium Pitch is appropriately prepared.
– The role will be based on a week which will include evening, weekend, and stadium match day time requirements.
– Have high standards and commitments across the whole scope of works.
– Maintaining and creating relationships with key suppliers.
– Any other duties as required and directed by the Owner, Directors or Club Secretary
Skills and Experience
– Qualified with an NVQ Level 2 in Sports Turf Management or equivalent Qualification.
– Experience within a similar role
– Previous experience of using a wide range of turf care equipment including pedestrian mower, tractor and 3-point linkage attachments.
– PA1, 2a and 6 Spraying certificates are desirable but not essential.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Excellent organisational skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
– Ability to lead a team to achieve the desired standards.
– Able to work effectively independently and leading a team using own initiative.
– The successful candidate will be motivated, dedicated, and flexible to the requirements of the position and the wider business. Applicants should ideally live local or the surrounding areas and be either UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
– Be willing to enhance their knowledge through further learning and courses.
Head of Grounds
Framlingham College is a co-educational day and boarding school comprising the Senior School set in the stunning surroundings in the market town of Framlingham, and the Prep School alongside the River Deben at Brandeston Hall, in the nearby village of Brandeston.
We require a motivated, experienced, and enthusiastic individual to lead our grounds and gardens staff as well as having hands-on responsibility. The successful candidate is likely to already be a Head or Deputy Head of Grounds and have experience of managing staff and budgets as well as all aspects of sports pitch and grounds estate management. You will be responsible for planning the preparation, maintenance and development of the grounds at both Framlingham College Senior and Prep Schools. Experience of maintaining artificial turf pitches, horticultural experience and relevant qualifications are essential.
This is a year-round role working 40 hours per week routinely Monday to Friday, but flexibility is required to include some Saturday fixtures. The salary is competitive and dependent on qualifications and experience.
We offer a supportive working environment as well as free lunch each day the kitchen is operational. We also offer other benefits including contributory pension scheme and complimentary gym membership.
- Relevant horticultural/grounds management qualifications
- Extensive grounds management experience, specifically of maintaining quality cricket and other sports pitches in accordance with current approved practices.
- Demonstrable experience of leading, motivating and managing a team of grounds/garden staff with the ability to take the department forward.
- Experience of operating and servicing grounds maintenance equipment.
- Experience of maintaining artificial turf pitches.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Awareness of safeguarding issues, including legislation & good practice.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with staff, pupils and visitors.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements relevant to the post.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload to ensure tasks are reliably completed.
- Good level of IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Practical hands on skills.
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade C or above
- Experience gained in a school environment
Process to apply:
Please submit a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role together with an application form. Recruitment packs are available from the HR Department on 01728 723789, email: Recruitment@framlinghamcollege.co.uk or from www.framlinghamcollege.co.uk.
Tuesday, 27 April 2021 – 5:00pm
London & East
Estates Operative – Cricket Grounds
This is an exciting, year round, fulltime, opportunity for an individual with appropriate experience to complement the existing Grounds support team of this leading independent day and boarding School. This is an important role within the school, assisting with the maintenance and development of the playing surfaces, ensuring they are maintained to a safe and consistently high quality, and that all external grounds, are maintained to the highest standard at all times.
The successful candidate will have the relevant skills and expertise. In particular, they will have prerequisite experience and a keen interest in grounds maintenance. They will also be highly proactive and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A willingness to embrace H&S allied to a personable manner are essential criteria.
To apply for the role complete our application at https://www.wsnl.co.uk/jointheteam
Please note; CVs may be sent in addition to, but not instead of the completed application form and covering letter.
Worksop College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
Please note we are a no smoking site.
Main purpose of the post:
To develop and maintain the School cricket facility, sports pitches and external areas of both School sites ensuring that they are safe facilities for the use by pupils, visitors, staff and external hirers. The Grounds Department respond to requests for the preparations of the grounds in such a way that they meet fully the requirements to provide a full sports programme and maintain the appearance of the School to an exceptionally high standard throughout the year.
• NVQ2 Amenity Horticulture or equivalent qualification (or evidence of commensurate practical experience)– to be clearly evidenced in your application
• Good knowledge of and experience in the preparation of Cricket pitches essential
• Chemical Spray Licence. PA1, PA2, PA6
• PTC Chain saw Licence.
• Knowledge and experience of artificial surfaces.
• D1 Driving Licence
• Take an active role in preparing grassed sports pitches for daily activities.
• Be involved in the weekend rota for setting up pitches for matches
• Ensure the optimal playing quality of the sports grounds, by carefully following the appropriate maintenance schedules as directed by the Head Groundsman.
• Ensure that you only use equipment that you are trained for
• Ensure that when applying chemicals and sprays, that you are trained to do so and to use prudent stock control
• Account for all the materials, following the procedures in place for booking out stock/machine
• Follow WC safe working procedures for the equipment under their remit and that details of training are kept updated.
• Ensure that all issues relating to H&S are adhered that risk assessments on machinery and equipment and core tasks are followed
• Ensure a clean and safe working environment is maintained and that you represent the College through smart uniforms and courteous manner.
• Assisting with the tree programme.
• Complete pre use checks of machinery and complete post use cleaning, repair and maintenance.
• Maintenance of artificial sports surfaces
• Undertake a range of grounds keeping tasks that may include:
• Grass cutting.
• Tree and hedge pruning/cutting.
• Marking out sports pitches.
• Snow Clearing on drives and pathways
• Placing outposts and goals for the range of sports provided.
• Maintaining the Astro Turf sports pitch playing surface.
• Maintaining the full range of mechanical and hand tools including all machinery which are utilised in completion of the range of tasks undertaken.
• Assist other members of the Estates Grounds and Estates Maintenance Staff as required.
• Maintenance of the hard-court areas.
• Assist as required efficiently and effectively to emergencies, flooding, power cuts or other natural or manmade problems.
• Assisting with the setting up of specific college areas for special events as required.
• Escorting visitors and contractors around the site as required.
• Have good manual dexterity for the use of power and hand tools.
• Employ best practice methods of working to provide the best value for money for the school.
• Have an ability to work in a diplomatic and sensitive manner when working in the view of the staff, pupils, parents and other visitors to the School.
• Have an awareness of the whole site and report any security, health and safety and safeguarding matters in line with our procedures.
• Maintain a good standard of appearance in keeping with the overall college standards and expectations.
• Have a proactive approach to grounds issues.
• Be involved with school events such as building projects, bonfires, open mornings, car parking duties for prize giving etc.
The School is committed to ensuring the Health and Safety of all who learn, work, live and visit the School. You must take reasonable care for your own health and safety and of other persons who may be affected by your activities. All safety instructions must be obeyed, and the required training undertaken. All accidents and near misses must be reported and recorded within the Accident Book available on all sites.
You will be required to carry out other duties as may be commensurate with the post which do not change the character or purpose of the post which are necessary to maintain high standards of business practice. This job description therefore may be altered from time to time to meet the changing needs of the School.
The role covers both sites Worksop College and Ranby house
Hours of work
2nd week Sept through to Mid-March 36.25 hours per week which include a 30 min paid morning break and a 45 min unpaid lunch break.
Mid-March to 2nd week September 38.75 hours per week which include a 30 min paid morning break and a 45 min unpaid lunch break.
Your hours of work will be as indicated above, working any 5 days in 7 in accordance with the published rota with variable start and finish times in accordance with the needs of the school.
You will be required to carry out other duties as may be commensurate with the post which do not change the character or purpose of the post which are necessary to maintain high standards of business practice. This job description therefore may be altered from time to time to meet the changing needs of the school.
Duties must be carried out in strict compliance with the school’s policies on equal opportunities, health and safety and quality assurance.
Application deadline: 02/05/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00 per year
Apprentice Groundsperson (Sussex Cricket) 2021
Sussex Cricket is truly unique and is believed to be the oldest professional sports club in the world. Sussex have enjoyed huge success in the last two decades in various formats and are working hard to continue that.
The Grounds team play an essential and integral part in the success of the cricket team. In the last ten years, the Grounds team have twice been awarded the England and Wales Cricket Board’s best ‘One-Day Pitches’ trophy as well as receiving two commendations; including in 2017 coming runner-up for the ‘best four-day pitches’ and received a commendation for ‘four-day pitches’ in 2016 and 2019.
team won the Institute of Groundsmanship ‘Professional Cricket Grounds Team of
the Year’ awards in 2016 and 2019. In addition to preparing the wicket and the ground for match days at Hove, the Grounds team are also responsible for providing first-class quality practice facilities; re-laying the wickets; the irrigation and ground rejuvenation. With responsibility for the grounds at both Blackstone Academy and the Brighton Aldridge Community Academy.
This is an excellent learning opportunity and an exciting time to join the groundstaff at
Sussex Cricket. As well as gaining experience of all forms of wicket preparation and
the day-to-day maintenance of first-class playing surfaces, the Grounds team have
been undertaking a programme to re-lay the square. This will provide the successful
candidate with experience in producing some of the best pitches in domestic cricket.
In recent years, the 1st Central County Ground has undergone a £9m redevelopment and have embarked on the next phase of developments.
The successful candidate will spend blocks of time at each of the cricket grounds (Hove and Blackstone) gaining hands-on experience as well as learning machinery maintenance and grinding skills.
The Grounds team have run an apprenticeship scheme since 2009, during which
time seventeen people have completed an apprenticeship and are now employed in
the sports-turf industry.
Working hours during the cricket season can be long and therefore a flexible approach is needed. Working weekends and evenings is also often necessary during the season. Working hours outside of the cricket season are more flexible. College attendance at college will be typically be one day per week.
As well as working as a Groundsperson during the cricket season, during the winter
months the Apprentice Groundsperson will spend much of their time preparing the
ground for the following season.
Sussex Cricket is committed to ensuring that all job applicants and colleagues do not receive less favourable treatment or are discriminated against on the grounds of their age; disability; gender; marriage or civil partnership; pregnancy or maternity; race; religion or belief; sex or sexual orientation.
Please note that this particular role is physically demanding and so the candidate must be physically fit and able to perform the duties required of the role.
The apprenticeship is for a two-year period. In year one, the pay will be £162 per week (this will be amended in line with changes to government changes to the apprenticeship hourly rate) rising to National Minimum Wage in year two.
The Organisation offers 25 days’ annual leave per annum.
The Organisation has a pension scheme, with 3% contribution from the employer,
and 5% employee contribution.
The Application Process
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please complete the enclosed
application form (https://sussexcricket.co.uk/current-vacancies) ( in full by 5pm on Wednesday 7 April 2021 and return it to:
If you have completed the application form online, you may email it back to:
Please note that applications received after this date will not be considered.
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Grounds Maintenance department at Stockport County Football Club. We are looking to recruit a Skilled Groundsperson to deliver and maintain the pitch maintenance programme across the club’s sites.
The role will be based on a 40-hour week which will include evening, weekend, and stadium match days.
The successful candidate will be motivated, dedicated, and flexible to the requirements of the position and the wider business. Applicants should ideally live local or the surrounding areas and be either UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
Reporting to the clubs Head Groundsman the role will be based predominantly at the clubs training ground. You will be part of a team responsible for the upkeep and development of the training pitches and Edgeley Park. Regularly hand mowing, fertilising and line marking will be the main tasks required.
• Ensure that all pitches meet the high standards required by Stockport County Football Club.
• Use pedestrian mowers on football pitches daily
• Assist in the renovation of pitches.
• Mark out and fertilise pitches.
• Clean equipment and wash down areas.
• Monitor pitches on a daily basis, record all appropriate information and act promptly to resolve issues including divoting and reinstatement work after team training.
• Take reasonable care concerning own health and safety and that of persons who may be affected by the performance of these duties.
• Ensure equipment and materials are available when required.
• Keep all equipment and materials in good condition.
• Undertake any other duties designated by your Line Manager to ensure the smooth running of all operational aspects of the business.
• Matchday prep work at the stadium including working matchdays
• Demonstrate the highest levels of commitment and compliance to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people at all club sites.
Skills & Experience Required
• NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
• Experience within a similar role
• Spraying certificates PA1, 2 and 6 desirable but not essential.
• Previous experience of using a wide range of turf care equipment including tractor and 3 point linkage attachments.
• Full driving license
• Head Groundsperson and Grounds Staff colleagues
• Operations Director/Football Administration
• First Team Coaching Personnel
Process to apply:
Please send your CV, cover letter outlining your suitability to the role and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding: Stockport County Football Club are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. Posts advertised on this website may require Enhanced Criminal Record Checks and may include checks against the Barred lists, as such it is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions, including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Polo Grounds Supervisor
Cowdray Park Polo Club is considered the home of British Polo and hosts up to 500 matches per season including the Gold Cup which attracts the largest single polo audience in the UK.
Reporting in to the Polo Manager, this role is the perfect combination of Supervisor and hands-on grounds maintenance. You’ll be as comfortable leading, planning and budgeting, as you are operating machinery – our reputation for being best in class really will be in your hands.
Have experience required in maintaining sports fields
Qualified with an NVQ Level 3 in Sports Turf Management or equivalent Qualification.
Experience in working on professional sports pitches.
PA1, 2a and 6 Spraying certificates.
Clean Full UK Driving License and own vehicle.
- Polo experience ideal but not essential.
Process to apply:
Apply with CV and covering letter to: HR@cowdray.co.uk
Wednesday, 31 March 2021 – 11:45pm
Attractive Base Salary plus Overtime plus Benefits
London & East
Full time Groundsman
Enfield Cricket Club, based in North London, has a vacancy for a full time Groundsman, commencing April 1st 2021 or shortly afterwards.
The role involves sole responsibility for the ground comprising cricket, Lawn Tennis, some pavilion maintenance and social areas.
Starting salary will be in line with appropriate GMA guidelines.
Please submit your CV to Mel Burles; email@example.com
by midnight Tuesday 9th March 2021.
First interviews will be held via Zoom week commencing Monday 14th March