Our job listings page is our third most visited page, if you would like your listing to appear here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Grow with us.
Do you want to work outdoors with a motivated, skilled team who love what they do? Kingsbury Lawn Care is an award-winning business – the premier lawn care provider in the West Midlands. We are extremely excited to be adding to our team.
Due to company growth, we are recruiting a full time, salaried Lawn Technician to step into an exciting and varied role.
- Strive to deliver fantastic customer service? Can you provide attention to detail, along with being able to build and maintain relationships with existing and new customers in a professional manner?
- Have a passion for turf with a proven record from previous turf care experience? This will ideally include NPTC PA1/6 qualifications. We are experts in our field and you will benefit from a comprehensive onboarding process. You will require a thirst to learn and enjoy sharing knowledge with customers.
- Take pride in both working alone along with occasional team working for larger jobs? Successful lawn technicians have a strong work ethic, are self-motivated, organised and well presented.
- Enjoy a physical challenge in all weathers? We are lawn renovation specialists who can give our customers complete confidence in our processes. Mechanics knowledge would be advantageous.
- Have excellent written and spoken English along with a sound grasp of technology? As a 21st century business who cares about the environment much of our processes are paperless with emailed surveys, quotations and condition reports to back up our work.
About the Job
This role is within a hardworking but easy-going small team. The successful candidate will work closely in conjunction with fellow technicians, the office team and business owner in visiting a number of domestic lawns daily. This will typically involve carrying out lawn treatments made up of fertiliser applications along with weed and moss control treatments.
The successful candidate will also relish the important mechanical work we carry out seasonally, using machines to aerate, scarify and carry out lawn renovations including overseeding and top dressing.
The role includes face to face liaison with customers to handle questions and providing advice in a professional manner. This is a customer facing role – being presentable at all times along with excellent communication skills are vital. Customers will expect most lawn weeds, pests and diseases to be known by name, along with a sound understanding of how our products work.
The successful candidate will use our software programme on a tablet to record treatments, noting changes to the condition of lawns, and sending tailored reports with recommendations to customers.
Our customers are based within a 20-mile radius of Kingsbury, Tamworth (B78) and our nearby CV9 yard. The ideal candidate would live within, or on the edge of this coverage area.
Some Perks of working at Kingsbury Lawn Care
- A company van will be provided – there are no commuter costs
- No Bank Holiday or Christmas working with annual leave flexibility. We promote a work/life balance.
- Paid training and development including a 3-month onboarding process, networking events and team building activities
- Uniform and iPad provided
- A strong salary and benefits package including paid lunch break and overtime
- A superb working environment with an experienced and ambitious team
- An opportunity to make a marked difference with lawn-proud homeowners
Kingsbury Lawn Care is a fast paced, growing business which has been recognised as the Tamworth Business and Community Awards ‘Trades Business of the Year’ since 2018.
We are members of the UK Lawn Care Association with our founder Jack Chapman sitting on its committee – we are passionate about the industry and providing the best for our customers. We are a proud independent, local operator who take great pride in the services and results that we are able to deliver.
We are an ambitious company who are establishing ourselves locally as the go-to lawn care service for high quality, professional service.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a leading candidate who can grow with us. Someone with a good sense of humour and can share and celebrate successes.
If this sounds like you, or you would like to hear more please contact Jack / Lisa with a CV and covering information.
Expected start date: 16/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00-£24,000.00 per year
- Performance bonus
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free or subsidised travel
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Social distancing measures with fellow team members and customers are ongoing.
- greenkeeping / grounds: 2 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
- NPTC PA1 + PA6 qualifications (preferred)
We are seeking to recruit an experienced full-time Gardener to help maintain and develop the gardens and grounds of Highfield & Brookham Schools. The main school estate is approximately 175 acres. Working as part of a small team of experienced grounds staff, you will maintain and improve the gardens, lawns and entrance areas to the highest possible standards.
- Have a passion and drive to ensure the areas above are presented to the highest standards
- Be able to create and design planting schemes and deliver those plans
- Work under your own initiative and to tight deadlines when required
- An ability to communicate with all staff and children on an appropriate level
- Good organisation skills, self-motivation and an ability to meet deadlines
- An ability to work well in a team and alone as tasks require
- Good problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm, a willingness to learn new skills and a commitment to continued personal development
- A reasonable level of physical fitness
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Horticulture or RHS Level 2 qualification
- 2 years’ experience of working in a similar role, preferably within a school environment
- Experience in the use of a range of grounds machinery and garden tools
- Full, clean Driving Licence
- A desire to develop and improve and undertake relevant training
Desirable Qualifications & Skills:
- PA1 & PA6 Pesticide Application certification
- Health & Safety Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Hard and soft landscaping experience
What you will get:
- A great and supportive working environment
- An opportunity to deliver real improvement
- A team that strives to deliver the best facilities
- An excellent salary package in line with the Grounds Management Association recommendations
- Lunch provided during term times
- An opportunity to work in a developing and forward-thinking environment
This is a full-time role working from 7:30am to 4:30pm with an unpaid hour for lunch (40 hours per week) all year round.
Process to apply:
Full details of the post and an Application Form can be downloaded from the School Website www.highfieldschool.org.uk/jobs.
A Letter of Application and completed Application Form, including the names and addresses of two referees should be sent to: HR Manager, Highfield School, Highfield Lane, Liphook, Hampshire, GU30 7LQ. Email applications should be sent to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th June, although we reserve the right to interview and appoint before this date.