Our job listings page is our third most visited page, if you would like your listing to appear here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
idverde is Europe’s leading provider of grounds maintenance services and landscape creation projects, with an annual turnover of €700m and over 7,000 colleagues operating throughout the UK, France, and the Netherlands. We offer a holistic range of services to support the creation, maintenance and management of landscapes throughout the UK, working with both public and private sector clients to deliver bespoke solutions for each project’s unique challenges.
As the UK’s top grounds maintenance and landscaping provider, idverde UK offers a broad range of services. From professional open space management to landscape design and build, grounds maintenance, tree surgery, civil engineering, outdoor facilities management, biodiversity management, waterways management and much more.
Job Title: Sports Turf Operative
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sports Turf Operative to join our Sports Surfaces team in Hillingdon.
- Set and maintain high standards of work performance and deliver quality consistently, ensuring exemplary grounds maintenance services befitting of the high-profile venue, level of sport and national and international media exposure.
- Be proficient in the use, application and maintenance of specialist grounds care equipment and operations including pedestrian and ride-on mowers, tractor-mounted implements to construct, renovate and maintain sports surfaces. Tasks such as mowing, marking, fertilizing, top dressing, scarifying and seeding.
- To be responsible for ensuring all health & safety requirements are met for each individual task ensuring correct usage of PPE, Machinery pre-start checks and following detailed instructions outlined in the departments safe systems of work procedures.
This role is required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Weekend work is regularly available during peak times which will be paid as overtime. Certain projects will require you to stay away from home for short periods of time where accommodation and meals will be provided.
Skills/Qualifications and Experience
- Industry experience working in sports turf either in greenkeeping, groundsmanship or construction
- Understanding of renovation, construction and maintenance
- A full clean driving licence would be a benefit but is not essential.
- Must be confident in communication at all levels
- Have a flexible approach to work with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have the ability and willingness to learn and progress.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be a team player
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Pension auto enrolment scheme
- Full uniform
- Personal Development Programme
- 21 days holiday
- Employee Benefits Platform
- Neyber, a financial wellbeing company which offers a loan facility
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to 24/7 EAP scheme/helpline
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team with opportunities for career progression for a market leading, high performing grounds maintenance and landscape creation organisation? If yes and you feel you have the attributes to add to our growing team, then please send a covering letter and up to date CV to the email address below quoting GMSS-M/SportsOperative.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 5th March 2021
Club Doncaster is the brand that connects Doncaster’s elite sports teams and manages the delivery of events at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium and associated Elite Performance Centre and Sports Village.
We look to recruit people with the desire to work within all areas of Club Doncaster who demonstrate integrity, compassion, pride, and honesty and a desire to continuously improve themselves and those around them.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic grounds person, to support the maintenance of stadium and training ground pitches. They will be a part of a small team to achieve the highest possible standards on and off the pitch.
Applicants should be hard-working, committed, and have a keen interest in growing the Club Doncaster reputation and brand.
Reporting to the Head Grounds person, the role will maintain the stadium playing surface and the training ground pitches and ensure that all Club Doncaster related pitches are safe and of the best possible quality.
You will be a point of contact for all pitch related issues, and able to appropriately work within a small team of operatives to ensure all areas of the sports village is maintained to the highest standards.
Successful applicants should have experience in a previous role within an elite sport premises. It would be desirable to have undertaken formal based qualifications within landscape and pitch maintenance or wish to complete this qualification in line with Club Doncaster standards.
• Experience maintaining sports pitches
• Previous experience within a similar role
• Experience in monitoring conditions of pitches
• Awareness of the elite sports culture
• Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities
• Excellent communication skills
• Be able to work in a professional and responsible manner
• Have excellent attention to detail
• Punctual and have an excellent record of attendance.
• Willing to learn and committed to achieving high standards within their work.
Successful applicants may be required to undertake further checks in relation to their identity and criminal disclosures.
Club Doncaster is an equal opportunities employer and keen to hear from all persons who feel that this would be the right role for them regardless of age or gender.
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for the role please submit your CV and cover letter to Head Groundsman at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 26th February 2021, but Club Doncaster reserve the right to cease applications for this post at an earlier time
Location: Poolfoot Farm Sport & Leisure Complex – Thornton Cleveleys
Hours: Full Time inc evenings / weekends when required
We have a new and exciting position as a Senior Head Groundsman available within Fleetwood Town Football Club, primarily based within our elite performance centre at Poolfoot Farm, Thornton – Cleveleys.
Established in 1997, Fleetwood Town Football Club is a professional association football club based in the town of Fleetwood, Lancashire. The team compete in EFL 1, the third tier of English football.
The home ground is Highbury Stadium in Fleetwood and its training ground is Poolfoot Farm, in Thornton-Cleveleys.
Fleetwood Town is committed to providing all employees with the opportunity for career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the role.
Poolfoot Farm was officially unveiled by the great Sir Alex Ferguson on 20th April 2016 and is home to 16 football pitches both artificial and natural grass, an elite performance building, gymnasium, playground and a destination restaurant. The site offers football for all areas of the game from grassroots through to the elite 1st team squad.
Main Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Responsible for the delivery of pitch maintenance and its ongoing development at all groups sites in order to deliver the highest standards of pitch care and landscaping maintenance
• Managing a team of staff to deliver the highest quality playing surfaces, landscaped, open water and surrounding areas responding to the dynamic needs of busy sites
• Ensuring the main stadium bowl is kept clean and tidy to the highest of standards
• Presentation of all pitches to the highest standard for matches, training schedules and wider usage
• Establishing and managing budgets for all aspects of work undertaken and planning for future development
• Stakeholder liaison across all facilities ensuring careful planning of usage to ensure pitches are used as much as possible but also maintained to the highest standards possible
• Machinery maintenance and inventory management
• Managing and upskilling staff to ensure that they can carry out their duties in an efficient manner and to an acceptable standard
• Presenting and managing an end of season/closed season pitch renovation programmes ensuring the required work is carried out by suppliers
• Working safely with hazardous substances and keeping appropriate records and training schedules to maintain compliant standards
• Liaising with the First Team Manager, Academy, and coaching staff on a daily basis to ensure pitches are appropriately prepared for training
• Support other key stakeholders in planning and maintenance of their pitch assets.
Qualification / Experience:
• Qualified with an NVQ Level 3 in Sports Turf Management or equivalent qualification.
• Significant experience of working as a Head Groundsman with professional sports pitches ideally within the football industry.
• PA1, 2a and 6 Spraying certificates
• Drivers Licence
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Good organisational Skills
• Strong communicator and the ability to build working relationships with people at all levels of the organisation
• Able to use own initiative
• Must be able to cope under pressure
• Must be flexible and adaptable to differing work patterns, such as nights / weekends including out of season
• Post holder should be confident, approachable and reliable, setting high standards and expectations of themselves
You will require a full, valid UK driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and cover letter to: Recruitment@fleetwoodtownfc.com
Please note if successful you will be required to attend an interview with the hiring manager within 1 week of the closing date of 22/02/2021
Fleetwood Town Football Club and Fleetwood Town Community Trust are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.
This information is available in different formats if required. Please contact Fleetwood Town Football Club directly on 01253 775080
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Cricket Groundsman to join a thriving cricket club in London where you will play a leading role in the maintenance of the Sports Club’s cricket grounds and associated facilities.
Our cricket club has four senior sides and a growing junior section with multiple teams playing up to 100 matches a season. The successful candidate will have experience working as a cricket groundsman, who has a passion and pride in their work. The ability to work well as part of a team.
They will also possess significant knowledge and experience of cricket surface provision and management. The ability to remain calm in a busy and demanding environment, excellent communication skills, strong leadership skills and a flexible attitude to working hours are all essential.
You will also have the opportunity to develop your career further in grounds keeping, helping to maintain the grounds, operating machinery and taking care of the facilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
Playing a prominent role as the Cricket Groundsman.
Working closely with the Director of Cricket.
Effective management of all grounds activities to consistently achieve the recognized
standards and availability to satisfy both the Club and its end users (e.g. coaches, players etc).
Working in close cooperation with the main Sports club.
Extensive involvement in cricket surface provision and management;
Monitoring and registration of all maintenance schedules.
Wide use of machinery in the maintenance and renovation of grassed areas – use of
ride-on and pedestrian mowers, turf cutters, edgers and scarification equipment.
Be physically fit to deal with the manual and physical demands of the job including
the manual handling of deliveries such as bags of material of various weights.
Direct responsibility for several different grass squares, outfield areas, associated
facilities, and landscaped areas, including multiple natural and artificial playing surfaces.
Normal working hours vary according to the scheduled matches for the week.
Need a full, clean driving licence.
Ad hoc duties as and when required.
In return, we offer a very attractive remuneration package.
For further details and to apply please email:
Deputy Groundsperson Tiffin School
East Molesey, Surrey
Full time post, 36 hours per week, on a shift system including Saturdays (for which a day off in lieu
will be given).
Salary range: £ 20,658 and £23,406 (based on skills, experience and qualifications)
This is an excellent opportunity to join our Grounds Team who play a vital role in ensuring the Tiffin
School Sports ground is of the highest standard. You will be required to carry out general repair and maintenance to a high standard of the rugby pitches, cricket wickets and associated areas, be reliable, conscientious and have the ability and willingness to be flexible on working hours according to need and conditions.
You must have practical skills, a willingness to work outdoors in all weathers and an
ability to cope with the physical demands of the job.
Previous experience is preferable but not essential;
However, an interest and practical experience in preparing cricket wickets would be an advantage.
The post holder is expected to cover reasonable elements of the Head Groundsman’s role when he is not present.
Professional training opportunities will be made available to the successful candidate.
Required as soon as possible, the successful candidate will work as part of a team which will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the Grist’s Sports Ground and Pavilions at Summer Road in East Molesey. The grounds are maintained on behalf of both the School and Tiffinian Association Ltd.
For more information, please see the application pack with the Job Description and Job Specification.
How to Apply
Please access our website for information on the vacancy and an application form
(www.tiffinschool.co.uk) Please e-mail to Liz Scott at email@example.com by noon on 22nd February 2021.
Tiffin School welcomes applications for all posts from appropriately qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Tiffin School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Check.
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Grounds Maintenance department at Stockport County Football Club. We are looking to recruit a Head Groundsperson to plan, deliver and manage an effective pitch maintenance programme at Edgeley Park.
The role will be based on a 40-hour week which will include evening, weekend, and match day hours based at Edgeley Park.
The successful candidate will be motivated, dedicated and flexible to the requirements of the position and the wider business. Applicants should ideally live local or the surrounding areas and be either UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for carrying out the following duties:
• Management of the day-to-day operations and tasks
• Prepare and work towards annual budgets
• Plan and manage efficient maintenance programmes
• Manage and deliver the required fertiliser programmes
• Experience using TLS, or similar, pitch lighting rigs
• Ensure that the relevant Health and Safety regulations are implemented and adhered to
• Conduct risk assessments prior to carrying out tasks
• Work closely with our Pitch Consultant for renovations and various maintenance programmes
• Manage and organise a small team of staff
• Use of pedestrian and ride on mowers
• Use of tractor along with tractor mounted machinery and trailers
• Use of pedestrian and tractor mounted fertiliser spreaders
• Use of tractor mounted sprayer
• Use of hand tools
• Manual handling of various materials weighing up to 20kg
• Maintain and carry out minor repairs on owned machinery
• Maintain Astro and sides of the pitch run off areas
• NVQ level 2 or above sports turf or equivalent
• Experience of managing a small team of grounds staff
• Experience of maintenance of football pitches to professional standard in a stadium environment
• Hold NPTC a PA1 & PA2 NPTC pesticide spraying certificate.
• An understanding of the FIFA laws of the game into the Field of Play.
• Experience working at a Football Club and working to the requirements set by the governing bodies i.e. The FA, EFL and PL
• Hold a full UK driving licence and ability to travel to various locations due to the demands of the role
• Understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace
Safeguarding: Stockport County Football Club are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. Posts advertised on this website may require Enhanced Criminal Record Checks and may include checks against the Barred lists, as such it is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Equality and Diversity:
Employees must at all times carry out their duties with due regard to Stockport County Football Club policies and procedures. The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.
• Thinks ahead, generates ideas, and thinks of creative solutions to problems
• Values and respects other, builds relationships and collaborate
• Gets things done, delivers to high standards and takes responsibility.
• Proactive and self-sufficient
Type: Permanent, Full time
Hours: The role will be based on a 45-hour week which will include evening, weekend and Matchday hours
Closing date: Friday 26th Feb 2021 – 5:00pm
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to: Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org