Our job listings page is our third most visited page, if you would like your listing to appear here. Email email@example.com
All year round
We are seeking to appoint an experienced qualified grounds-person to work 5 days per week, Monday to Friday, and occasional Saturdays. The successful person will carry out a variety of duties including preparation and maintenance of cricket pitches, as well as winter sport pitches to include rugby and football, artificial surfaces, grass cutting, forestry, clearing, machinery maintenance, operating plant machinery, driving vehicles and other general duties.
Applicants will need to have the ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy with staff, teachers, pupils and colleagues, as well as the ability to work well alongside contractors.
Closing date: Friday 27 November 2020, 12 noon
Interviews will take place on Thursday 3 December 2020
Suitable candidates may be interviewed before the closing date and Wells Cathedral School reserves the rights to withdraw the position if an early appointment is made. Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply early.
For further details please download an application pack via our website.
Wells Cathedral School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check.
5 days per week, Monday to Friday, and occasional Saturdays
Friday, 27 November 2020 – 12:00 noon.
Thursday, 3 December 2020
01749 834 200
Whithorn Estate Ltd is a private equestrian estate near Godalming.
An experienced groundsperson assisting in maintaining quality polo fields and the upkeep of the surrounding grounds of the estate.
We are looking for an organised individual with demonstrable experience of working with fine turf & maintaining estate grounds. The individual will be required to have good communication skills, happy to work within a team or solo, the ability to proactively forward plan and good knowledge of machinery operation and maintenance.
(Experience required in maintaining sports fields or golf courses. Polo Field experience ideal but not essential.)
Day to day role includes:
- grass keeping
- woodland management
- machinery operation and maintenance
- supporting equestrian facility operations.
To be considered for this role you will need:-
- A valid UK Full Driving Licence
- Sports Field & Estate Grounds Maintenance Experience
- Associated Machinery Operation & Maintenance eg tractors & trailers, mowers, JCB
- Chainsaw maintenance & cross cutting cert. (desirable)
- PA1/PA6 spraying cert.
Process to apply:
Please submit your CV by email.
Polo Estate Groundsperson
5 day working week, including a Sunday.
Thursday, 10 December 2020 – 5:00pm
£23k+ depending on experience
All initial contact through email please
Groundsperson – St George’s Park
Industry: Leisure and Sport
Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
The FA is seeking to appoint a permanent Groundsperson to the Grounds team based at St George’s Park. They will work proactively with the Assistant Head of Grounds and other members of the Grounds team to maintain and prepare all pitches to the highest standard for all events hosted on the group pitches. As well as working with the events teams and events owners to manage all pitch related logistics.
• Maintain and prepare the pitch to relevant universal playing standards for all codes of sport hosted by St. George’s Park and Wembley Stadium as agreed by bodies such as The FA, UEFA, IRB, NFL and FIFA
• Maintain training pitches to professional standard in accordance with Sports turf industry guidelines
• Maintain surfaces to agreed standards by adhering to predefined maintenance programs developed in conjunction with appointed industry consultants
• Maintain all pitch equipment in line with manufactures standards to ensure optimum operation at all times
• In conjunction with the events team work with event owners to manage all pitch related logistics (line marking, deployment of pitch protection, scheduling of rehearsals, etc)
• Work with Pitch Contractors to reinstate pitch as dictated by the event calendar
• Operate all WNSL / SGP grounds machinery to maintain the pitch to the highest standard
• Support with the overall estates management and maintenance where required
• Executes additional tasks as required in line with FA Group changing priorities
What we are looking for
• Good knowledge on use of machinery
• General knowledge of fertilisers
• General knowledge of health and safety procedures
• Previous experience of working on professional grass sports surfaces
• Set height of cut on mowers and set cut accordingly
• Pre start checks on all machinery
• Competent in the use of ride on machinery, including tractors
• Attaching implements and machines to tractors including 3 point linkage and PTO
• Basic knowledge of irrigation
• Knowledge of and working on different types of pitch construction. Such as hybrid, reinforced, natural, artificial
• Knowledge of pitch grow lights
• Identification of turf diseases
• Working on football pitches at an elite level
• Working within a team
• Use of renovation machinery
• Use of tractor mounted sprayers
• Regrinding of mower units
What we can offer you
• An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation
• Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Click here to apply
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
Job Vacancy – Regional Account Manager x 2
South West & East Midlands
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing family-run business, working with
Turfix, part of The Pitchmark Group, is an award-winning family business providing premium pitch
solutions to the professional sports turf and independent educational sectors.
• Competitive and commensurate in the region of £25-£30k+, depending upon experience
• A rewarding and uncapped personal bonus scheme in conjunction with an annual company
• Fully expensed laptop, phone and company vehicle
• 20 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays
• Company provides excellent opportunities for personal skills and career development
• Monday – Friday (37.5 hours)
• Field based and remote-working. Bi-monthly team meetings at our HQ in Bristol
Due to our continued growth we are looking for an ambitious (current or previous) Groundsman, Greenkeeper or Account Manager to join the successful Turfix team. Your key role will be to identify new business opportunities and generate sales of our product lines, whilst maintaining and developing existing customer relationships. In addition, you will also be tasked with carrying out contracting work, to the same customer base, under the Turfix Services division. We are looking for a dynamic individual with industry knowledge who will work closely with our
world-renowned key suppliers: Pitchmark, ICL and Harrod Sport. With a slogan of ‘Your Turf. Our Passion’, the candidate should be someone who is highly driven and enthusiastic about helping create and maintain the highest standard of sports turf in all environments. Experience of working within the turf and amenity sector using products such as line marking paints, nutritional products or machinery is preferred.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Utilise the current portfolio and revenue streams to develop new business opportunities
within the region and establish excellent relationships with new and existing customers
• Ensure customers have a great understanding of Turfix’s products and services including
USPs, features and benefits
• Promote and undertake customer training sessions, demonstrations and contracting works
such as GPS-guided line marking
• Achieve financial revenue targets as set out by Turfix
• Maintain high levels of administration via CRM system
• Provide appropriate product and service pricing based on achieving a target net margin
• Attend trade exhibitions, events and educational seminars in addition to potential overseas
travel (approx. 5-10 visits per year)
• Maintain a periodic customer call cycle calendar including overnight stays
• Actively promote Turfix’s activities and positively engage with customers using social media
Skills and Attributes
• Be ambitious, motivated and determined
• Be flexible and adaptable – overnight stays and potential overseas travel may be required
• Be polite, courteous and customer focused
• Be an outstanding communicator and work with minimum of supervision within a team
• Have the ability to prioritise workload and have excellent time management skills
• Be proactive and takes initiative in a logical, highly-driven manner
• Be physically fit – the role will require manual handling/demonstration of products
Knowledge, Experience and Practical Ability
• Experience of working in a sales environment (desirable)
• Good technical knowledge and experience of working in the turf and amenity sector
• Proven record of achieving sales targets (desirable)
• Full and (preferably) clean driving license (essential)
• Ability and willingness to demonstrate products
• Experience of project management or facilitation skills
• Willingness and ability to liaise with internal and external departments including, but not
limited to, contractors, local authorities and governing bodies
• Comfortable liaising with current suppliers and partners such as Pitchmark, ICL and Harrod
We are looking for a fun and enthusiastic person to become a valued member of the Turfix team. If you want to become an integral member of a rapidly growing, friendly family business, then apply using the information below.
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would suit this position to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting RAM-10/20 as a job reference. Alternatively, should you wish to have a confidential informal discussion about the above role, then please feel free to contact Oliver Boys on 07950 472216. Thank you.
Visit http://www.turfix.co.uk for further information on our business. Turfix is an equal opportunities
Closing date for this application is Sunday 15th November.
Sports Turf Machinery Operator
Interesting job operating sportsturf-related machinery at various sports venues for highly-regarded family-run sportsturf maintenance & renovation contractor, based near Swindon, Malmesbury and Cirencester. You will transport and operate our specialist aerators, tractors, drills, mowers, etc. at clients’ sports clubs all over the country and sometimes in Europe. Other tasks may include site preparation, fencing, landscaping, white lining and performing workshop and bagging plant duties at our premises.
We seek a practical, agriculturally-minded person to join our small, friendly team. You must be conscientious, self-motivated, good with people and able to use your initiative. Work is varied and customers’ sports clubs are mainly golf, rugby, football and cricket. Towing licence preferable. Mechanical skills for minor repairs and vehicle/machinery maintenance would be useful; agricultural experience; current passport and Class C1 on driving licence for 7.5 tonne vehicles an advantage.
All other training will be given. Relaxed atmosphere, pleasant rural location, paid overtime. Competitive salary for the right person. There are plenty of opportunities for partners, children, sport and social life. You will need to live within 20 miles of our base at Minety SN16 9RJ
Start as soon as possible.
Send your application to Ecosolve Ltd by email to email@example.com and don’t hesitate to call us for more information on 01666 861250