Our job listings page is our third most visited page, if you would like your listing to appear here. Email email@example.com
We reserve the right to refuse to list any job listing below, that we think is not fair and reflective of industry benchmarks
If you are looking for your next step in the Greenkeeper world look no further!
Chappell Enterprises UK is delighted to be working with an exciting Golf Venue in the Northolt, West London area.
The facility has a 9-hole Championship standard course and a top-of-the-range driving range. Recently they completed the construction of a new 18-hole inland links course that will only complement the superb offering they already provide.
We are seeking a Greenkeeper to join this unique project that’s reputation will only grow in the next few years.
As a Greenkeeper, you will be ensuring the current course and the new course is maintained to the highest standard and ensuring a quality golfing experience for all their Guests. In this role, you will experience every part of golf course maintenance.
It is very rare that you get an opportunity to work at a facility where you would be exposed to a grow-in and a working golf course at the same time.
- Maintain the golf course including greens, fairways, tees, roughs, and bunkers to the highest possible standards.
- Operate mowers, tractors, and other equipment to maintain the golf course.
- Assist with planting, pruning, watering, and maintaining the landscaping and flower beds.
- Follow a preventative maintenance schedule for all equipment.
- Provide excellent customer service to members and guests of the golf course.
- Ensure that all work is completed in a safe manner and in compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Opportunity for growth and career advancement.
- Opportunity for training
Annual Salary from £26,000 -£30,000 Depending on skills, qualifications, and experience.
Accommodation is available if needed.
The owners of this championship golf venue are also building another 18-hole course which could lead to future opportunities up the career ladder.
WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY!
To Apply, Click Below
Chappell Enterprises UK is currently recruiting for a Grounds Person for a School in the Hertford area.
This role would be perfect for someone who has got previous experience in Grounds Maintenance/ Gardening.
As a Grounds Person, your job will be to ensure that all the sports playing surfaces & their structures are able to be used safely. It is important that the work is of good quality so that sports are able to be played with no interruptions and that they are always available for use to students and visitors.
You will have to be able to work weekdays as well as some weekends. Overtime will be on a Rota to ensure the set up and smooth running of sports fixtures, training sessions, and other external events.
Your Day to Day Tasks may include:
- Prepare all grass and artificial surfaces ready for the day ahead.
- Have a basic knowledge of pests and diseases on fine turf as well as treatments.
- In the winter, you will be gritting pathways and stairs and will be required to remove the snow to keep the school open.
- Use different types of horticulture equipment (lawnmowers, strimmers, hedge cutters.
- NVQ level 2 in horticulture or enough experience
- Full clean driver’s License
To Apply Click Below
DEPUTY HEAD GROUNDSMAN
An opportunity has arisen, due to an external promotion, to work in a senior position at Essex County Cricket Club, one of the 18 First Class Cricket Grounds in the country.
Based at the Cloud County Ground in Chelmsford, the job will involve preparation and maintenance of the facilities used by the Essex First Team and other representative squads of the club, as well as international teams. You may also be required to assist with the Club’s satellite ground at Billericay.
Working as a senior member of a small team requires dedication, reliability, and a good team work ethic to enable our Grounds Staff Team to maintain the First Class and International standards required, in this physically demanding job.
With an intense and busy playing/ practice schedule, which includes touring international teams, televised floodlit matches and sellout crowds, the applicant will need a highly professional attitude and standard of work.
Experience at First Class County Cricket level would be very desirable, in addition to PA 1 & 2 and PA 6 qualifications. A full driving license is essential.
- Experience in Groundstaff capacity at a First-Class Cricket ground, 3-5 seasons minimum
- PA 1 & 2 Certification
- PA 6 Certification
- Good communication skills
- Salary – £35,000
- Company pension
- 20 days annual leave per annum, increasing to 25 after two years’ continuous
- Uniform provided.
If you are interested in the role of Deputy Head Groundman, please contact the Club with your CV. firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Groundsperson at Essex CCC satellite ground, Billericay CC
An opportunity to work for Essex County Cricket Club at our satellite ground, responsible for the day to day running of 2 cricket fields, (Squares, nets and outfields), based at Billericay CC.
Ground used by Billericay CC (Premier league club), Essex CCC (2ndXI, Academy, U18, Development and Women’s teams) Sunrisers, plus occasional international teams for training.
- Upkeep of playing facilities, including turf nets to the required standard.
- Maintaining machinery and equipment.
- Liaising with Billericay CC with regards fixtures and ground use, to ensure best quality facilities.
- Reporting directly to Essex CCC Head Groundsman.
- Supervising staff and controlling hours worked.
Qualifications and Education (Desirable)
Level 2 NVQ in sportsturf
Pesticide application PA1,2 or 6
Experience of premier league cricket or 1st class cricket.
Having worked at a recognized topflight cricket ground.
Able to work independently.
Having good interpersonal skills.
Team work is an essential part of the philosophy at Essex CCC, and we expect employees to conduct themselves with the highest standards to enhance cricket in Essex at all levels. We are committed to a policy where a work/life balance is essential, but there will be weekend work and unsocial hours during the cricket season.
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £28,000.00 per year
CV’s to: email@example.com
Sports Turf Operative
Wellington College is one of the world’s leading co-educational boarding and day schools located in rural Berkshire in a stunning 400 acre campus with an enviable reputation for excellence and innovation.
We have an exciting new opportunity and are currently looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and dedicated Sports Turf Operative to join the team in our Grounds department on a full time, permanent basis, 40 hours per week.
As well as an attractive salary and an excellent opportunity to further develop, our staff benefits include 33 days annual leave (bank holidays included) a contributory pension scheme, enhanced maternity / paternity schemes, a generous health scheme including an Employee Assistance Programme and access to a health cash plan, a cycle to work scheme, discounted staff membership to the Fitness Club, a free lunch whilst on duty and free parking.
Dedication, hard work and passion will see you go far at Wellington College, we value and support our staff and you’ll have the chance to develop existing and gain new skills with career progression opportunities available.
About the role:
The successful candidate with assist with the preparation and maintenance of Sports Playing Surfaces to a high standard to include cricket, athletics, tennis, rounders, rugby, football, hockey and lacrosse, as well as general estate duties as directed by the Senior Groundsperson.
Key responsibilities (Please see JD for full details):
• Cricket pitch preparation and maintenance; mowing, scarifying, rolling, marking and autumn renovation and ensuring pitches are protected from inclement weather.
• All sports surface preparation including grass, hardstanding and artificial turf.
• Winter sports pitch preparation and maintenance to include sand dressed artificial sports surfaces. Mowing, aeration, scarifying and fertilising; tractor mounted and pedestrian machinery.
• Line marking; Initial setting out and mark and weekly over marking. Leaf clearing, litter picking and debris clearance.
• Strimming and pedestrian rotary mowing.
• Goal post erection/dismantling, maintenance and storage. Snow clearing and salt spreading.
• Roping off and preparing for events.
• To clean and maintain machinery and equipment to maintain good working order.
So, if you are committed to contributing towards the College community, think you’ve got what it takes to perform exceptionally in this role and would like to join our team, please apply now.
For further details, including how to apply, please visit the Support page of our website. CLICK HERE
Wellington College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are “spent” unless they are “protected” under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.