· To ensure that the pavilion and ground are safe and secure at all times
- Manage the preparation of the pitches on the squares and practice facilities of the Academy Ground to a high standard
- Provide support, training and development to the apprentices on site
- Renovate and repair pitches during and after play
- Prepare the ground on match days, suitable to the standard and type of game being played
- Apply fertilisers and application of chemicals to the ground when necessary, ensuring all regulatory and suppliers’ instructions are followed. Ensure application is correctly recorded
- Carry out the placement of covers and their removal as required to keep match/training pitches dry
- To carry out pre-start checks and routine maintenance to turfcare machinery
- Ensure all necessary supplies are available for the correct operation of the academy ground to allow timely completion of all ground maintenance
- Plan and implement work programmes in line with targets
- Key part in the setting of budgets for Blackstone, regularly review expenditure and keep costs to a minimum
- Ensure the buildings are safe secure at the end of each day, and allow access for contractors on site when necessary
- Mark out pitches, maintain and liaise with the local stoolball team and youth football teams
- To be an active member of the Blackstone Playing Fields’ Committee
Apply here: https://sussexcricket.co.uk/current-vacancies
Apprentice Sports Ground Operative
Main tasks will include:
- General maintenance and cleaning of the pitches
- Setting out of sports pitches for matches
- Clearance of sports pitches after matches
- Operating machinery, equipment and vehicles in accordance with health and safety regulations
- Maintenance and minor repairs to machinery and equipment
- Any other associated tasks as directed by the head groundsman or management
- Must be able to work all matchdays and events that take place in the stadium
- Enjoy working in an outdoor environment
- Be a good communicator and team player
- Be reliable and committed
- Carry out day to day maintenance practices on the football pitches and surrounding areas
Weekly wage£182.00 – £348.80
Working weekTuesday to Friday 7.30am to 3.30pm (or to suit the business needs) with a 30 minutes long paid lunch break. Monday at Wiltshire College Lackham (term time).Total hours per week: 40.00
Expected duration18 months
Possible start date13 Jul 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Physically fit in order to meet the physical demands of the role
- Keen to learn how to use grounds machinery (training will be provided as required)
- Understanding of the importance of Health and Safety within the workplace
- Willingness to work outside in all weathers
- A passion for groundsman ship
- Team player keen to work within the team
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a team
- Reliable, trustworthy and enthusiastic
- Minimum entry GCSE grade D/3 or above in maths and English
- All applicants will be required to pass initial assessments in maths and English
Things to consider
- The competence and knowledge elements will be assessed in the workplace using evidence to build a portfolio
- Functional Skills will generally be delivered at our Wiltshire College Lackham campus
- A mixture of on and off the job training provides a variety of learning opportunities across the whole programme
- College attendance every Monday during term time, if required for functional skills
Worcestershire County Cricket Club is one of the 18 major county cricket clubs which make up the England and Wales Cricket Board. We play to the highest level of professional cricket with a history stretching back 155 years.
• Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the playing surfaces and outfield to ensure that they are of first class standard.
• Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the practice and net areas to ensure that they are of first class standard.
• Assisting and taking direction from the Head Groundsman in placing and removing covering and surface water from the playing area for all matches
• Operating and maintaining ground equipment in accordance with standard operating and safety procedures.
• Assisting with the erection of nets and other practice facilities.
• Taking direction from the Head Groundsman and fulfil any reasonable request or duties required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Have at least 6 months experience of preparing cricket pitches.
• Be in a possession of a clean EC driving licence.
• Possess an understanding of current Health and Safety guidelines
• Possess a passion for cricket pitches and sports turf maintenance.
• Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude and appearance.
• Understand the seasonality nature of the role and the need for flexibility with regards to working long hours including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
• Ability to work under pressure and to work alone when required.
Beyond qualifications, enthusiasm, commitment and ability to work as a team member are equally important in a demanding environment where excellent results are required.
How to Apply:
If you would like to join the ground staff team at Worcestershire County Cricket Club please send your CV along with a covering letter and salary expectation to:
Worcestershire County Cricket Club
Blackfinch New Road
Alternatively you can e-mail your CV covering letter and salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 18th March 2020.
Interviews will commence Friday 20th March 2020.
Deputy Head Groundsperson
The RGS is one of the most prestigious schools in the country and, since its foundation in 1509, has established a national reputation for academic excellence and single-sex education. The RGS Grounds Team is based at the schools playing fields Bradstone Brook in Chilworth near Guildford and regularly undertakes work in the gardens and grounds of the RGS and Lanesborough Preparatory Schools in Guildford.
The successful candidate should be self-motivated and have a minimum of 3 years of experience working within the turf culture/gardening/landscaping industry, preferably with some experience of supervising people. Understanding and experience using pedestrian and hand-held machinery and their service requirements is essential. The position would suit someone who is currently within a similar role or a grounds person seeking to further their career and looking for a new challenge.
Good communication skills are required alongside the ability to work well on your own or as part of a team. NVQ Level 2 qualifications or equivalent in horticulture or turf culture are preferable, however, training can be provided for the right person with relevant experience.
Process to apply:
Full details of the post can be found on the School’s website Completed application forms, supported by a letter, should be sent to the HR Manager, The Royal Grammar School, High Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3BB or Recruitment@rgsg.co.uk
The school has a responsibility for and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The person appointed to this post will be required to apply for an enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Full time permanent
Monday to Friday 8 -5, with some weekend working
£23,000 – £28,000
Salary: £10.75 per hour
Contract Type: Full Time, Fixed Term – March to November 2020
Recruiting Manager: Neil Harvey, Grounds Manager – email@example.com
The Grounds Team are part of the Estates Department and are made up of 26 professional and highly motivated individuals who pride themselves on the maintenance and upkeep of the prestigious grounds. The grounds of the Club include ten croquet lawns, thirty grass tennis courts, a cricket ground, a nine-hole golf course, two bowling greens and over a hectare of flowers, shrubs and ornamental lawns. It is through the efforts of the Grounds team that the Club’s members are rewarded year on year with award winning sports surfaces and stunning season changing flowerbeds.
As a Seasonal Groundsworker you will work a 39-hour week (plus regular weekend overtime). Typical duties will include:
Supporting the permanent team in a wide arrange of duties.
Taking care of the sports surfaces.
Assisting with event set up.
Offering assistance with the gardens around the Club.
Candidates will embody our Club values; excellence, prudence, integrity, courtesy. Candidates will be enthusiastic, reliable, hard-working and enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions. The successful candidate will be a team player but also able to work with minimal supervision. Previous grounds-related experience is desirable, but not essential as appropriate training will be provided.
This is a fixed term role and you must be available to work from March – November 2020.
Our benefits include 23 days holidays (pro rata) plus Bank Holidays, life assurance, meals on duty, onsite parking, a contributory pension scheme, along other discretionary benefits.
The Hurlingham Club is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity.
*Please note that, due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within four weeks then, unfortunately, you were not successful in your application on this occasion.
Groundsperson - Sidcup Sports Club, Sidcup, South East London / North West Kent
Sidcup Sports Club is a private members club supporting the playing of amateur sport in the community. The club is home to Sidcup Rugby Club, Sidcup Cricket club and Crescent Lawn Tennis Club and has combined membership of approximately 1500 members. The club is used extensively by its members in the evenings and at weekends and frequently hosts local school, charity and other events on weekdays.
We are recruiting a groundsperson who will take pride in producing good quality pitches for both the rugby and cricket clubs, as well as taking responsibility for the general upkeep and presentation of the areas around the tennis club and the wider club grounds.
An outstanding work ethic, good communication skills and the ability to work unsupervised are essential.
Experience of high-profile sports ground preparation and maintenance, including appropriate Health and Safety certificates is preferred. However, we are willing to support the right candidate to achieve a qualification in sports turf management if this has not already been achieved.
Process to apply:
The closing date for applications is Sunday 15 March 2020. Candidates should submit a CV and covering letter / supporting statement to:
Package and Benefits
The following is included in the “package”:
- Competitive salary.
- Access to the Staff Pension Scheme.
- Gym Membership.
- Access to regular Continuing Professional Development.
The initial contract will be for 12 months with a probation period of 3 months during which either party can give 1 week’s notice. After successful completion of the probation period, one month’s notice would be required by either party.
Sunday, 15 March 2020 – 11:45pm
c.£30k depending on experience
Active Sports Ground Maintenance are recruiting for an additional tractor driver.
You will be experienced in operating both compact and large tractors along with various implements.
The majority of the work will be driving a brand-new New Holland T5 with Trimax gang mowers serving our many varied clients.
At other times you will be assisting with sports ground renovation works.
Driving licence essential.
Salary based on experience. Bonus and other benefits.
Please apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Groundsman you will work a 39-hour week with regular weekend work (compulsory but not guaranteed). Typical duties will include:
> To undertake general turf and grounds duties.
> Reporting and treating common pests, fungi and diseases.
> Setting out sports areas.
> Operating lawnmowers and other horticultural machinery.
Process to apply:
Please send a CV and Covering Letter to Neil Harvey, Grounds Manager to email@example.com
- Undertake and successfully complete a groundsperson apprenticeship qualification (exact nature of course to be determined according to the individual concerned)
- Lone/unsupervised working where appropriate and where competent
- Wicket preparation: covering, cutting, verticutting, watering, rolling, marking out etc.
- Matchday duties: set up fielding nets/practice facilities, positioning boundary rope, setting out fielding discs, positioning sightscreens, setting up advertising boards, sweeping wicket at interval, repairing foot holes, re-marking wicket
Apply here: https://sussexcricket.co.uk/current-vacancies
You will be responsible for applying various pesticide and fertiliser products to sports grounds across the South.
It is essential that you hold PA6 as a minimum and ideally PA2 although training can be provided.
As you will be travelling to various sites it is a requirement that you have a full driving licence. As the majority of the work will entail using a boom sprayer a trailer entitlement on your licence is a further requirement.
You must be willing to undertake additional Groundsman duties as required. A good understanding of sports turf operations and machinery will be beneficial.
This is a great opportunity to really make your mark within the Company.
Pay and benefits to be discussed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Driving licence with trailer entitlement (Required
Apply here: https://apphired.com/